The blown film process line is a method of creating plastic film by blowing molten plastic through a circular die. This process creates a continuous tube of plastic that can be cut into desired lengths. The blown film process is commonly used in the production of packaging materials such as bags, packaging films and other products. The process is efficient and cost-effective, making it a popular choice in many manufacturing facilities. Additionally, the ability to add various additives such as UV inhibitors, slip agents, and antioxidants allows for the creation of customized film for different applications. With advancements in technology, the blown film process line has become even more versatile and can produce films with improved strength, clarity and stability.
The blown film process is a widely used method for the production of plastic film. The process involves the following steps:
- Extrusion: Molten plastic is extruded through a circular die to create a continuous tube of plastic.
- Cooling: The tube of plastic is cooled by blowing air over it to solidify it.
- Expansion: The cooled tube of plastic is expanded by blowing air into the center, creating a bubble. This increases the film’s width and thickness.
- Collapsing: The bubble is collapsed by pulling the edges of the film, creating a flat film.
- Winding: The flat film is wound onto a roll for easy storage and transportation.
- Optional : Customization: Various additives such as UV inhibitors, slip agents, and antioxidants can be added to the plastic during the extrusion process to create customized film for different applications.
The blown film process is efficient, cost-effective, and versatile, making it a popular choice in the manufacturing of packaging materials such as bags, packaging films, and other products. With advancements in technology, the blown film process can produce films with improved strength, clarity, and stability, meeting the demands of various industries.
Discover our measurement solutions for the BLOWN FILM manufacturing process.
Blown film is a popular plastic film manufacturing process used to create a variety of products: food packaging to construction materials.
The manufacturer China Aviation Lithium Battery Technology (CALB) has already started the environmental licensing process of the construction project of the Lithium Battery Unit, in Sines, in the district of Setúbal, for electric vehicles.
Battery production is a complex process that involves a variety of steps, from electrode coating and calendaring to slitting and assembly.